The Groenkloof George Retirement Village
George Retirement Care Unit
The brand new modern George Care Unit has 69 care beds and is managed by Garden Route Healthcare. The Care Unit became fully operational in 2016. The services that are provided to residents as well as the public include:
- Short term medical aftercare / Sub Acute Care (recovery after operations).
- Long term frail care.
- 24 hour nurse, registered with S.A. Nursing council, on duty.
- Staff not outsourced.
- Medical practitioners on 24-hour standby.
- Daily menu, consisting of three meals and morning and afternoon tea.
- Special diets catered for i.e. Diabetic, Cholesterol, Vegetarian, etc.
- Daily laundry and cleaning services.
- Access to lounge and community facilities.
- Hair and nail care.
- A resuscitation room, equipped with emergency equipment.